RIVM_Logo_Engels

Acute carbon monoxide intoxication in ten persons

Synopsis

January 1992 ten persons (all adults, seven women and three men) were admitted to the special unit for calamities of the Intensive Care and Clinical Toxicology department of the University Hospital Utrecht with symptoms of an acute carbon monixide intoxication. All persons were exployees of the same factory, specialized in the manofacture of expedition tents and sleepingsbags. After treatment and observation during several hours all patients could be discharged in good health. A medical examination one day later in the out-patient department revealed no abnormalities. The carbon monoxide intoxication was caused by polluttion of the central heating system and recirculation of gas inside the plant. Measures were taken to prevent repetition of the intoxication.
 

Home / Documents and publications / Acute carbon monoxide intoxication in ten persons

RIVM Committed to health and sustainability
Menu