Publication date 10/09/2015 - 00:00 Modification date 11/02/2018 - 18:32
- At national level the NPG screening programme is organized by the National Institute for Public Health and the Environment (RIVMNational Institute for Public Health and the Environment ), Centre for Population Screening (CvB). The CvB is also responsible for the public information materials (folder, website and poster).
- The National Influenza Prevention Programme Foundation (Stichting Nationaal Programma Grieppreventie, SNPG), set up in 1997, contracts and supports general practitioners and health care organizations in carrying out the annual influenza vaccination campaign, including ordering vaccines and submitting expenses.
- National Institute for Public Health and the Environment (RIVM), Service for Vaccine Supply and Prevention Programs (Dienst Vacccinvoorziening en Preventieprogramma’s, DVP) handles the purchase (by European tender), storage and distribution of the influenza vaccines.
- The National Influenza Prevention Programme Committee, set up by the RIVM-CvB, advises the RIVM-CvB on the national coordination of the programme. The Programme Committee is made up of experts from relevant professional groups and authoritative organizations within the professional field or network, that have relations within the domain.
- The Dutch College of General Practitioners (Nederlands Huisartsen Genootschap, NHG) has published the 'professional standard' Influenza en influenzavaccinatie since 1993. Together with the National Association of Primary Health Care Organisations (Landelijke Vereniging Georganiseerde eerste lijn, LVG), the NHG also produces a practical manual for GPs. The NHG also produced a patient folder on influenza vaccination; since 2008 this has been produced jointly by the RIVM-CvB and the NHG.
- Using the Netherlands Information Network of General Practice
(Landelijk Informatie Netwerk Huisartsenzorg, LINH) IQ healthcare
(at UMC St Radboud) annually monitors the scale and immunization
cover of the target group on behalf of the RIVM-CvB.