The NANoREG Results Repository and NANoREG database are freely available under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
How to acknowledge
A good rule of thumb is to use the acronym TASL, which stands for Title, Author, Source, License.
- Title - What is the name of the material?
- Author - Who owns the material? In case of a deliverable the lead beneficiary (organisation) should be mentioned. In case of Factsheets and templates, NANoREG (including a link to the NANoREG Result Repository) should be mentioned.
- Source - Where can I find it? You can provide a link to the document in the NANoREG Results Repository or in case of experimental data, the NANoREG – eNanoMapper database
- License - How can I use it?
Citing Experimental data
Experimental nanoEHS; NANoREG – eNanoMapper database; CC by-nc-sa/4.0/
NANoREG DR [Dx.yy*] [year] [acronym lead beneficiary**] et al. [if applicable] CC by-nc-sa/4.0/
NANoREG SOP [Name of the SOP*] [year] [acronym lead beneficiary**] et al. [if applicable] CC by-nc-sa/4.0/
* For Deliverables and SOPs include a hyperlink to the document in the NANoREG Results Repository.
**The acronym lead beneficiary (=partner) is mentioned in the deliverable; the list of partners is available here.
(non) Commercial use
The NANoREG – eNanoMapper database and NANoREG deliverables, SOPs and other documents [hereinafter: sources] may be used by individuals, institutions, governments, corporations or other business entities so long as the use itself or any works derived from the use of these sources, are not intended to generate sales or profit.
This means you cannot:
- Directly sell or profit from these sources or from works derived from the sources
- Use the sources internally for commercial product development
- Use the NANoREG - eNanoMapper data base as a component of a product or within software to be made commercially available.
If you wish to use the information and data generated under the umbrella of the NANoREG project for commercial purposes, please contact in case of written documents, the lead beneficiary mentioned in the document and in case of the NANoREG - eNanoMapper database the NANoREG coordinator email@example.com