In 2016, the ReCiPe method was revised thoroughly. A new version of both the model and the background report were published, developed by RIVM and Radboud University Nijmegen. The release of ReCiPe-2016 was published in scientific literature:
Mark A.J. Huijbregts, Zoran J.N. Steinmann, Pieter M.F. Elshout, Gea Stam, Francesca Verones, Marisa Vieira, Michiel Zijp, Anne Hollander, Rosalie van Zelm. ReCiPe2016: a harmonized life cycle impact assessment method at midpoint and endpoint level. International Journal of LCA, DOI 10.1007/s11367-016-1246-y.
Both versions of the model can be downloaded. To the 2016-version also a table with country specific factors was added for the categories for which those are available.
If you have any questions, please contact: email@example.com
- Huijbregts MAJ, Steinmann ZJN, Elshout PMF, Stam G, Verones F, Vieira MDM, Hollander A, Van Zelm R, 2016. ReCiPe2016: A harmonized life cycle impact assessment method at midpoint and endpoint level. RIVM Report 2016-0104. Bilthoven, The Netherlands.
- An update of this report, in which some errors were removed, was made in 2017. The changes in this report with respect to the original version are described in an erratum in the front of the report:
ReCiPe2016v1.1 RIVM Report 2016-0104a
- Goedkoop M.J., Heijungs R., Huijbregts M., De Schryver A.; Struijs J., Van Zelm R. ReCiPe 2008, A life cycle impact assessment method which comprises harmonised category indicators at the midpoint and the endpoint level; First edition Report I: Characterisation. 6 January 2009 (updated May 2013)
- Report on normalisation of land transformation
- Report on normalisation of metal depletion
- Report on normalisation of other impact categories
- Supporting information
CSV-files voor import in SimaPro:
A separate project has been carried out to develop normalisation factors for the ReCiPe impact assessment method. The results have been published as an article in Science of the Total Environment:
- Wegener Sleeswijk, A, Van Oers, LFCM, Guinée, JB, Struijs, J, Huijbregts, MAJ. Normalisation in product life cycle assessment: An LCA of the global and European economic systems in the year 2000. Science of the Total Environment, 2008, 390 (1): 227-240.
In September 2010 some of the normalisation factors have been revised, resulting in 'LCA ReCiPe midpoint normalisation 2000, version 1.1'.
With every update of the ReCiPe method, the normalisation factors are recalculated using the Europe and World reference inventories in SimaPro.