RIVM has developed an interactive user-friendly computational tool, QMRAspot, to analyse and conduct Quantitative Microbial Risk Assessment (QMRA) for drinking water produced from surface water. In order to demonstrate the production of safe drinking water, Dutch drinking water companies must conduct a QMRA every four years for the so-called index pathogens enterovirus, Campylobacter, Cryptosporidium, and Giardia. The health-based target is set at a risk of infection of less one per ten thousand people per year (95-percentile). QMRAspot enables the user to collect raw data in the proper format and to automate the process of QMRA.
Although developed for the Netherlands, QMRAspot can be applied by drinking water companies, researchers and policymakers worldwide.
A QMRA for any other waterborne pathogen can be conducted as well using data and/or parameter values.
Instructions: First, download and save all files on your computer. QMRAspot is available as a CDF (computable document format). Then, run QMRAspot as a stand-alone tool using the CDF Player for full functionality.
- QMRAspot161004.CDF (up to version 11.1 of Mathematica and CDF Player)
- QMRAspot30042019.CDF (up to version 12.0 of Mathematica and CDF Player)
- Standard spreadsheet with reference raw QMRAdata (can be filled with own raw data)
- Manual QMRAspot version 2.0
- free CDF Player to run QMRAspot