In ProSafe, twelve organisations from nine EU member states and associated states collaborated to evaluate the results of a wide range of EU projects on Environment, Health and Safety research in the field of nanotechnology.
They aimed to translate the evaluation results into building blocks and recommendations for regulatory actions thus adding considerable added value to the individual projects (“the whole is greater than the sum of its parts”). Additional activities focussed on:
- the examination and development of joint activities with global networks;
- exploiting synergies between NANoREG and other projects
- streamlining data acquisition, collection and data management
- widening the liaisons between member states and associated states across the EU.
The duration of the project was 27 months; the end date was 30 April 2017. The budget was approximately 2.5 million euros.
Following the example of the KP7 NANoREG project, all the information and knowledge generated under the umbrella of the H2020-ProSafe project is made available for other parties after the end of the project. The ProSafe Results Repository serves as a central point of access to all the results of the project by providing links to all relevant documents and information of interest.
- ProSafe White Paper the main outcome of the ProSafe project, which integrates and analyses the results of the EU funded projects NANoREG, ProSafe and numerous other nanosafety projects, and translates the findings into 15 recommendations for policy makers and regulators.
- Deliverables developed under the umbrella of the ProSafe project including the report on the OECD-ProSafe Joint Scientific Conference in Paris 2016, the Joint Document and the White Paper
- The ProSafe Final Report presenting a complete overview of all ProSafe results including links to all deliverables and other related documents.
- General information on the project. This includes a summary of the outline of the project, the list of partners and the newsletters that have been published during the course of the project, and some other documents.
An overview of beneficiaries of the Consortium is available here.
The results of the closely related NANoREG project are available in the NANoREG Results Repository.
If not indicated otherwise, the information in the ProSafe Results Repository is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
Information on “commercial use” and attribution can be found here.
This project has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under grant agreement No. 646325