Climate change is causing the temperature in the stratosphere to fall. The formation and depletion of ozone depend on that temperature. That is why climate change also influences the amount of ozone and therefore, the UV ultraviolet radiation.
What does RIVMNational Institute for Public Health and the Environment do?
- Measure the UV radiation in Bilthoven
- Analyses the influence of ozone-depleting substances on the UV load
- Analyses the impact of climate change on the UV load
- Mapping out European and global UV radiation
- Assesses the impact of a changing UV load on health