Taking part in the PIENTER Corona Study
The 10th round of the study is in April 2023. Participants are asked to take a fingerprick blood sample using a self-sampling set and to fill in a questionnaire.
- If possible, take the fingerprick blood sample and fill in the questionnaire on the same day. Send the collected blood to RIVM as soon as possible, preferably within 3 days.
- Questionnaire: Instructions have been emailed to you. Go to www.rivmportal.glean, enter your login details, and fill in the online questionnaire.
- If you have not received the email, or if you prefer to fill in a questionnaire on paper, please send a message to email@example.com.
- If you asked to fill in the questionnaire on paper, then a paper questionnaire will be sent to your home address. The paper questionnaire will be sent in a separate envelope and is not enclosed with the fingerprick self-sampling set.
- Blood sampling: A general instruction video for collecting a fingerprick blood sample is provided on this website. The fingerprick blood sample instructions have been updated, and we now use a different collection tube. The tube containing the blood sample should be sent back to RIVM in the special envelope (inside the closed plastic bag).
- Most participants collect a blood sample and fill in the questionnaire. In rounds 8ؘ–10, we asked a group of participants to additionally take a sample of nasal fluid using a test strip.
Watch the video: how to collect a fingerprick blood sample (in Dutch).
Taking part in medical research
Every research study in which participants are asked to provide samples of bodily material, such as blood, is reviewed by a Medical Research Ethics Committee. This study has been reviewed and approved by Medical Research Ethics Committees United (MEC-U). Would you like more information on participating in medical research? More information on medical research is provided on Government.nl.
Read our frequently asked questions and answers about the PIENTER Corona Study. Is your question not included in the FAQ? Then contact us. You can reach us Monday through Friday from 9:00 to 15:00 on telephone number: 088 ‐ 689 7304 (state that you are participating in the PIENTER Corona Study). Or by email: PIENTERonderzoek@rivm.nl.