- Is it possible to download NEVO data?
- Is a printed NEVO table available?
- Is source information on NEVO data available?
- Are all food items in the NEVO table analyzed before publishing a new version of the table?
- Why is total fat not comparable to the sum of all fatty acids?
- The amount of total carbohydrates can be presented including or excluding dietary fibre. How is this in NEVO?
- Does RIVM release nutrient calculation programs?
- If I think I found a mistake in the nutrient values, is it possible to let somebody know?
- What is the most recent version of NEVO online?
- Are NEVO data available as e-book?
Yes, it is possible to request for the database NEVO online at RIVMNational Institute for Public Health and the Environment . The database is available for free after registration and agreement to the conditions. For more information: request data.
No. Due to the large decrease in sales of the last printed NEVO table from 2011 it is decided not to publish a new printed NEVO table.
Yes. In NEVO all information on the source is kept, which means it is always possible to retrieve the origin of the data. NEVO online provides this information behind each nutrient in the part ‘productdetails’.
No. Analyzing foods is very expensive. RIVM tries to keep the nutritional information of foods up-to-date by using analytical results from other organisations, research institutes and universities. Or data available from manufacturers, in foreign food composition tables, derived nutrients from comparable foods, calculations from recipes and estimations.
Because, in addition to fatty acids, fats also contain other compounds such as glycerol, sterols and phospholipids. Food items with a relatively high amount of these compounds, i.e. egg and offal, contain relatively less fatty acids. The value for total fatty acids is between 80-96% of total fat.
6. The amount of total carbohydrates can be presented including or excluding dietary fibre. How is this in NEVO?
In NEVO total carbohydrate is given excluding dietary fibre. The amount of dietary fibre is given separately.
No. In the Netherlands there are companies developing nutrient calculation programs in which NEVO data is implemented. When buying such a calculation program it is important to check if recent NEVO data is used, preferably data from NEVO online 2016.
Yes, input and feedback are very welcome. Please let us know if you have any questions, remarks or found mistakes by e-mailing us at: email@example.com
In September 2016 the most recent version of NEVO online is released: NEVO online version 2016/5.0
No, the data from NEVO online 2016/5.0 are not available as e-book