Active numbers novel coronavirus
Positive tested persons
Admitted to hospital
* The actual number of infections with the novel coronavirus is higher than the number mentioned here. This is because not everyone who may be infected is tested for the virus.
** There is a delay between the day on which a person dies and the day on which the death is reported.
This map shows the number of patients admitted to hospital per 100,000 residents, as reported by the Municipal Public Health Services (GGDs) and municipalities. Subsequent corrections in the system may lead to changes.
See also the report on data on coronavirus in the Netherlands (only in Dutch).
05-04-2020 | 14:15 hr
Overview of the numbers
Total number of confirmed cases who are or were admitted to hospital: 6,875 (+253)
Total number of reported deaths: 1,7667 (+115)
Total number of confirmed cases: 17,851 (+1,224)
Hospital admissions for 253 patients were reported today. Since yesterday, 115 deaths were reported. Not all of the hospital admissions or deaths occurred within the last 24 hours. The ‘coronavirus data’ report includes a graph showing the number of hospital admissions by reporting day and deaths per day of death. Due to delays in reporting, these figures may change per day.
Among the deceased patients, three were between 25 - 50 years of age. They all had serious underlying health conditions.
Symptoms novel coronavirus
People with COVID-19 often have:
- A fever
- Respiratory complaints such as coughing
- Common cold
- Difficulty breathing.
Stay at home if you have:
- Nasal cold
- Runny nose
- Sore throat
- Light cough
- Slight temperature (up to 38 degrees Celsius)
Important: if you have a common cold with a fever, everyone in your household must stay at home.
When do you call your GP?
Call your GP if your symptoms grow worse:
- Do you have a fever (above 38 degrees Celsius) and a cough and difficulty of breathing?
- Are you over 70-years old, and have a underlying health condition or are more susceptible, AND have a fever
Important: Do not go to your GP, instead call the GP or the medical centre (huisartsenpost). If you are experiencing severe symptoms, contact a doctor immediately.