Waiving participation in COVID-19 vaccination
If you do not want to be vaccinated against COVID-19, you can ask RIVM not to send you an invitation for the vaccinations. If you decide later that you do want a COVID-19 vaccination, you can send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org, stating that you do want to receive an invitation for vaccination.
Go to the web form for waiving participation in COVID-19 vaccination (log in with DigiD).
Note: Waiving participation is not a privacy right, so there is no legal time limit for decisions.
You can view your vaccination details via Mijn.RIVM.nl if:
- you have received at least one COVID-19 vaccination and
- you have given permission to share your data with RIVM
The privacy statement provides information about the personal data processed by RIVM. You have the right to inspect the personal data about you which has been stored for the purpose of COVID-19 vaccination registration.
If you want to inspect your data, you can request access via the web form to view your data (log in with DigiD). You will then receive an overview of your data (via secure transfer) at the e-mail address you provided.
RIVM cannot edit any personal details or vaccination data. It is supplied to RIVM by other organisations:
- Personal details are supplied to RIVM directly from the Personal Records Database (BRP), which is maintained by the municipalities. Our system (COVID-19 vaccination information and Monitoring System, CIMS) is updated daily.
- Vaccination data is sent to RIVM by the healthcare provider who administered the vaccination, such as your GP, the Municipal Health Service (GGD) or a care institution. If you want to change your vaccination data, you will need to contact one or more of these organisations for assistance.
If you want the personal details and vaccination stored by RIVM to be deleted, you can exercise your right of erasure, also known as ‘the right to be forgotten’.
Go to the web form to have your data deleted (log in with DigiD).
Note: If your vaccination data is displayed in the RIVM system, but you did not give permission, please contact your care provider. Your care provider will ensure that your vaccination data is deleted.
In specific cases, you can contact RIVM to object to the use of your personal data in the framework of the COVID-19 programme, due to exceptional personal circumstances. In order for us to process your request, you must provide sufficient explanation of the underlying reasons for your request.
Go to the web form to submit an objection (log in with DigiD).
Please note: submitting an objection does not automatically mean that RIVM will delete your data. To have your data deleted, you can use the web form ‘I want to delete my data’.
You have the right to ask RIVM to restrict the use of your personal data. This means that RIVM will not process your data from that point on, but does not delete it either. You could request this, for example, if you want RIVM to temporarily stop using your data. This might be because you have discovered an error in your data and have asked your local authority or care provider to change the incorrect data.
Go to the web form to request restricted use of your personal data (log in with DigiD).
More information, questions and/or complaints
- More information about your COVID-19 vaccination records at RIVM and your privacy.
- More information about your privacy and RIVM is available in the RIVM privacy statement.
- Questions about privacy and processing of personal data in relation to COVID-19 and RIVM? Please contact email@example.com