Since 2008, the RIVM Department of Nutrition and Health has been designated as WHO Collaborating Centre for Nutrition. The department supports the work of the World Health Organization (WHO) on healthy and sustainable diets and the prevention of chronic diseases through research and scientific publications, the development of methodologies and manuals, training courses and workshops, participating as experts in WHO meetings and providing expert advice to WHO and Member States.
The WHO Collaborating Centre for Nutrition is coordinated by Liesbeth Temme and Ivon Milder, senior scientists of the RIVM Department for Nutrition and Health. RIVM staff involved in the activities of the department are based in the Centre for Nutrition, Prevention and Health Services.
WHO Collaborating Centres hosted by RIVM
- Overview WHO Collaborating Centres
- WHO CC for Antimicrobial Resistance Epidemiology and Surveillance
- WHO CC on Chemical Food Safety
- WHO CC for Family of International Classifications
- WHO CC for Infectious Disease Preparedness and IHR monitoring and evaluation
- WHO CC for Laboratory Preparedness and Response for High Threat Pathogens and Biorisk
- WHO CC on Life Course and Health
- WHO CC for Nutrition
- WHO CC for Risk Assessment of Pathogens in Food and Water
- WHO CC for Smallpox Vaccine
- WHO CC for Tobacco Product Regulation and Control