Since 2008, department of Nutrition and Health of the RIVM has been a designated WHO Collaborating Centre for Nutrition. The department supports the work of the World Health Organization (WHO) on healthy and sustainable diets and prevention of chronic diseases through research and scientific publications, development of methodologies and manuals, training courses and workshops, participating as experts in WHO-meetings and providing expert advice to WHO and Member States.
The Centre for Nutrition is coordinated by Liesbeth Temme and Ivon Milder, both senior scientists of the department Nutrition and Health. RIVM staff involved in the activities of the department are based in the Centre for Nutrition, Prevention and Health Services.
WHO Collaborating Centres hosted by RIVM
- WHO CC Antimicrobial Resistance Epidemiology and Surveillance
- WHO CC Chemical Food Safety
- WHO CC Family of International Classifications
- WHO CC Infectious Disease Preparedness and IHR monitoring and evaluation
- WHO CC Laboratory Preparedness and Response for High Threat Pathogens and Biorisk
- WHO CC Life Course and Health
- WHO CC Nutrition
- WHO CC Risk Assessment of Pathogens in Food and Water
- WHO CC Smallpox Vaccine
- WHO CC Tobacco Product Regulation and Control