The Collaborating Centre supports the WHO with the implementation of the upcoming Global Action Plan on AMR and the European Strategic Action Plan on Antibiotic Resistance. AMR surveillance provides the necessary insight into the current AMR situation required for an effective and targeted approach to AMR.
WHO CC AMR supports the establishment and strengthening of national AMR surveillance networks in WHO Europe member states by providing technical advice on surveillance methodology and technical support. The main focus of the Collaborating Centre is to advance already existing AMR Surveillance collaborative networks in all WHO Europe member states.
WHO CC AMR is coordinated by Carolien Ruesen and Susan van den Hof, RIVM Centre for Infectious Disease Control.
WHO Collaborating Centres hosted by RIVM
- WHO CC Antimicrobial Resistance Epidemiology and Surveillance
- WHO CC Chemical Food Safety
- WHO CC Family of International Classifications
- WHO CC Infectious Disease Preparedness and IHR monitoring and evaluation
- WHO CC Laboratory Preparedness and Response for High Threat Pathogens and Biorisk
- WHO CC Life Course and Health
- WHO CC Nutrition
- WHO CC Risk Assessment of Pathogens in Food and Water
- WHO CC Smallpox Vaccine
- WHO CC Tobacco Product Regulation and Control