04 May 2021 | 17:00 PM
Vaccination figures: 26 April to 2 May 2021
By Sunday 2 May, it is estimated that more than 5.6 million vaccinations had been administered in the Netherlands. More than 4.4 million of those were first vaccinations, and over 1.2 million were second vaccinations. The daily number of doses administered is posted on the Coronavirus Dashboard.
Number of vaccinations given
The update for the past week shows the number of vaccinations that have been given. This report now also includes the age groups of 55-59 years and 60-64 years among the groups vaccinated by the Municipal Public Health Services (GGDs). Within the latter age group, people are usually vaccinated by their GPs, but in special situations may be vaccinated by the GGD. This could include care workers or people living on the Wadden Islands.
This weekly update is based on the number of vaccinations registered by the GGD and estimates based on the number of doses delivered to other implementing parties in the vaccination programme. This estimate is updated frequently as more information becomes available.
Vaccination figures 6 January to 2 May 2021
Table COVID-19 vaccination figures in the Netherlands: Number of people who received a first and possibly also second dose of COVID-19 vaccine, week 1 to week 17 (2021), by type of vaccinator.
|Target group||Start date||Vaccine1||First dose||Second dose||Total4|
|Older people living at home vaccinated by the GGD2|
||26 January 2021||COM||66,623||60,006||126,629|
||29 January 2021||COM||184,976||169,095||354,071|
||05 February 2021||COM||367,143||329,635||696,778|
||06 March 2021||COM||542,819||133,453||676,272|
||06 April 2021||COM||744,418||4,738||749,156|
||19 April 2021||COM||360,019||12,404||372,423|
||27 April 2021||89,310||37,814||127,124|
Other people vaccinated by the GGD
|06 January 2021||COM/AZ||318,505||130,806||449,311|
|Vaccinated by GPs (estimated)3||15 February 2021||AZ||1,052,207||0||1,052,207|
|Vaccinated by other vaccinators (estimated)3,4,5||06 January 2021||COM/MOD/AZ/JANSS||664,414||292,747||957,161|
- COM= Comirnaty® (Pfizer/BioNTech); MOD= COVID-19 Vaccine Moderna®; AZ= Vaxzevria® (AstraZeneca); JANSS= COVID-19 Vaccine Janssen®. One dose of the Janssen vaccine is recommended to achieve full vaccination; for all other vaccines currently in use, two doses are recommended for full vaccination.
- Vaccinations for older people are being provided not only by the Municipal Public Health Services (GGDs), but also by GP practices. This is arranged when people are not mobile enough to travel to the GGD vaccination site (which will be applicable for older age groups more often than for younger age groups). In principle, people aged 60-64 years will be invited for vaccination with the AstraZeneca vaccine via their GP. The people aged 60-64 years in this table are care workers (from 06 January 2021) and inhabitants of the Wadden Islands (from 16 February 2021) who have been vaccinated by the GGD with the AstraZeneca vaccine or Comirnaty®. People born in 1955, 1954 and 1953 (aged 65-67 years) who are living in the provinces of Groningen, Friesland, Drenthe, Overijssel, Noord-Holland and Zeeland may also be contacted by their GP and offered a vaccination. This may happen if the GP has supplies of the vaccine (AstraZeneca) left over after vaccinating people born in 1956 to 1960. This group may decide for themselves whether they accept the invitation from their GP or are vaccinated by the GGD. Finally, people living in a residential institution may sometimes also be vaccinated by the GGD. Since we cannot identify these people separately, they have been included in this category.
- A continuous data flow into the national registration system (CIMS: COVID-19 vaccination Information and Monitoring System) is not yet available for the number of people vaccinated by other vaccinating organisations (hospitals and institutions) and by GPs. Therefore, the number of doses issued to vaccination sites as ordered by RIVMNational Institute for Public Health and the Environment is temporarily used as an estimate for these vaccinators. For Comirnaty® (Pfizer/BioNTech), it is assumed that these doses are administered within 5 days (including the day of delivery). For all other vaccines, and if Comirnaty® (BioNTech/Pfizer) is distributed at -75°C, it is assumed that the doses will be administered within 14 days (including day of delivery). RIVM takes 1% wastage into account and assumes 6 doses per vaccine vial for Comirnaty® (Pfizer/BioNTech), 10 doses per vaccine vial for COVID-19 Vaccine Moderna®, 11 doses per vaccine vial for Vaxzevria® (AstraZeneca), and 5 doses per vaccine vial for COVID-19 Vaccine Janssen®. It is assumed that Vaxzevria® (AstraZeneca) was not administered from 15-23 March 2021 and from 3-5 April 2021. This estimate is updated frequently as more information becomes available.
- 8,883 estimated vaccinations administered by other vaccinators involved vaccinations with COVID-19 Vaccine Janssen®. In all cases, this involves the first dose, since 1 dose of this vaccine is sufficient.
- Up to and including week 12, deliveries to care institutions that involved the same product (brand name and storage conditions) that took place more than 3 weeks after the first delivery were assumed to involve second vaccine doses. When it is not possible to determine whether it involved first or second doses (which is the case for 53,506 vaccinations), then the first and second doses are allocated pro rata based on the distribution for other vaccinators as reported in the update on 30 March 2021 (i.e. 64% first dose, 36% second dose). From week 17, this assumption is applied for all vaccinators except for the GGD and GPs, and is not applied for AZ. It is assumed that all second doses of Moderna were administered exactly 4 weeks after the first doses.
Go to the Coronavirus Dashboard provided by the Dutch national government to see the daily situation update and the number of vaccinations that have been administered.